News from The George Inn - on Stone Street
Have you tried one of our pies? There are five to choose from. Book up now and try one.
Please Note: No Sunday Roasts at present. Book now for Sunday 29th September.
"If you knew Susie" - January 2019
We provide a varied menu using locally sourced produce, cooked to order, with a choice of roasts on Sundays.
With the approach of summer, The George will continue to provide specials including game dishes such as Venison, Wild Boar and Four Bird Pies and Venison Steak, along with well-known favourites like Chicken and Leek Pie and Cod and Chips.
First Sunday each month
Local Folk Musicians playing and singing traditional songs
- Sing a-long!
- locally produced and home cooked food
- served lunchtimes from 12 to 2pm (except Monday) and evenings from 6 to 8pm (every day, including Sunday evening)
- choice of traditional family roasts on Sundays
- ample portions and a good selection of desserts
- best to book to avoid disappointment
- children and pooches welcome
Here is a flavour of the food we find very popular with customers.