Food and Drink
- locally produced and home cooked food
- served every day except Tuesdays
- lunchtimes from 12 to 2pm and evenings from 6 to 8pm
- varied menu with vegetarian and vegan options
- choice of traditional family roasts on Sundays lunchtime only from 12 to 2.30pm
- ample portions and a good selection of desserts
- best to book to avoid disappointment
- children and pooches welcome
Here is a flavour of the food we find very popular with customers.
We offer pub favourites such as Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash and Ham, Egg and Chips. We also serve delicious traditional dishes including Chicken Breast in a white wine sauce, Liver and Bacon and Fishcakes. Our desserts include a very special Bread and Butter Pudding, Chocolate Brownies or Apple Crumble all with custard, cream or icecream.
Vegetarian and vegan options include Farmhouse Onion, Wild Mushroom Risotto and Spicey Fennel Stew.
The George continues to provide specials including game dishes such as Venison, Wild Boar and Four Bird Pies and Venison Steak along with well-known favourites like Chicken and Leek Pie, Steak and Kidney Pie.
On Sundays you can expect a traditional Roast of Beef or Lamb or Pork Belly served with roasties, Yorkshire puds and seasonal vegetables.